PaperCut MF provides integration with Ricoh MFDs, enabling the tracking, charging or billing of "off the glass" copying. The goal of PaperCut Software's embedded MFD solution is to leverage the capabilities of Ricoh devices to provide walk-up copier users with the same set of rich application features provided for print control. These include:
- End user authentication including integration with single sign-on environments such as Active Directory, Open Directory, eDirectory, LDAP and others
- Optional proximity and swipe card authentication (via standard USB based readers)
- Group-based access control to the device and color copying (for SDK 4+ devices)
- Monitoring and control of photocopying (quotas, charging, allocation and logging)
- Allocation of copying to accounts/departments/cost-centers/projects
- Releasing print jobs from a hold/release queue (secure printing)
The PaperCut Ricoh embedded solution is developed in-house by PaperCut's development team. This ensures that the copier interface is consistent with the workstation print interface, meaning users only have to learn one system and one set of terminology.
PaperCut is a single integrated solution where print and copier control are all managed in the one system. Users have a single account and administrators have the same level of reporting and administration for all services. The embedded solution interacts with the PaperCut server using a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and web services based protocols.
rate of development
PaperCut is developed under a release-often policy where new features are made available to users as soon as they are complete. Unlike hardware based solutions, new versions can be delivered to users regularly as software updates.
PaperCut remains true to its vendor neutral stance. All embedded solutions are equal and support all server OS's including Windows, Linux and Mac.
A large percentage of PaperCut's user base is in education environments where security is important. All embedded solutions are developed with security in mind. Where security objectives can't be satisfied, any deficiencies are fully disclosed.
- Leverage your existing single sign-on infrastructure by allowing users to log in with the same username and password used elsewhere on the network. No need to remember and maintain multiple logins!
Integrate with existing single sign-on environments such as:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Apple Open Directory
- Novell eDirectory
- Other LDAP, NIS or POSIX environments
- Optionally authenticate with swipe cards, proximity cards and optional PINs for extra security.
- Use your organization's logo and colors scheme.
find-me printing integration
- Also known as "Follow Me" or "Pull Printing", Find Me printing provides users in environments with several identical multi-function devices to print to a single virtual global queue. They can then walk up and log on to a device nearby available device and have their print job pulled from the global queue and printed on the spot.
- More on Find Me printing in our PaperCut NG tour.
- Users are provided with realtime feedback of account balance and cost as the job proceeds
- Charge different types of copying at different rates
- Restrict access to color copying (SDK 4+)
- All usage reported centrally in the PaperCut logs
- Optionally apply quotas to limit what users can copy
seamless user experience
- Provide users with the same account selection options they use for printing via the popup
- If shared account access is granted, users have the option to select accounts from a list or using a PIN
- Control access to accounts using Active Directory groups
- Continued operation with swipe card access when network connectivity is lost
- Suitable for trusted environments as full user access is granted while offline
- Configurable delay for device to automatically switch to offline mode
- Disabled by default, enable in authentication configuration options
- Supports an unlock code that allows offline mode to be used in an open environment such as educational institutions. This code must be entered to allow the device to enter offline mode
- Read more in the PaperCut MF User Manual
consolidated reporting and management
Consolidated management and reporting in either summary or detailed formats are readily available at the click of a button for all copies and prints across your entire fleet:
- By device (printers & copiers)
- By user
- By shared account (client, department, faculty)
- By location
- By date and time/period
- By environmental impact
For more information about reporting see the Reporting tour section.
PaperCut's embedded solutions work together with the PaperCut server software. This means that you benefit from a choice of server operating system (Windows, Linux, Mac, and Novell) and all management is conducted from one single location. There are no hidden extras such as external dependencies or database licensing.
PaperCut supports all Ricoh MFDs that support the Embedded Software Architecture (ESA) SDK versions 2/4/5/7/10/11/12. The Java VM card must be installed in the MFD by a Ricoh supplier.
Compatible Ricoh ESA SDK 10/11/12 devices:
- MP 301/2553/3053/3353/4002/5002/6002/7502/9002
- MP 2001SP/2501SP
- MP 2554/3054/3554/4054/5054/6054
- MP C305/C3002/C3502/C4502/C5502
- MP C401/C401SR
- MP C2003SP/C2503SP
- MP C3003/C3503/C4503/C5503/C6003
- MP C6502SP/C8002SP
- MP CW2200
- Pro 8100S/8110S/8120S
- Pro C5100S/C5110S
Compatible Ricoh ESA SDK 4/5/7 devices:
- MP C6000/C6501/C7500/C7501
- MP C2800/C3300/C3001/C3501/C5041
- MP C4000/C4501/C5000/C5501
- MP C2050/C2051/C2551/C7140
- MP C300/C400
- MP 6001/7001/8001/9001
- MP 4000/4001/5000/5001
- MP 2532/2550/2851/2852/3350/3351/3352
- Pro 1356EX
- Or other devices supporting ESA SDK 4/5/7 that have an LCD touchscreen.
Compatible Ricoh ESA SDK 2 devices:
- Aficio MP C2500SP/C3000SP
- Aficio MP C3500/C3500SP/C4500/C4500SP
- Aficio MP C1500SP/C1500SPF/615C
- Aficio MP 5500/5500SP/6500/6500SP/7500/7500SP
- Aficio MP 9000/1100/1350
- Aficio MP 6000/7000/8000
PaperCut makes all attempts to keep the product compatibility information on this website current. However, we make no warranties, express or implied, with respect to manufacturer's products or the interoperation with the listed PaperCut product(s). We offer 40 day trial versions of PaperCut software to assist you with compatibility testing with your network setup.
If your device model is not listed, please contact your Ricoh dealer to confirm that the device supports one of the above ESA SDK versions, and has an LCD touchscreen.